What can I do about nuisance or injured wildlife in or around my home?
Contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture Wildlife Services at 1-800-442-0708 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This office is very busy from April to August and if the phone is busy keep trying or leave a message after hours. This is an information office that will provide tips on why the animals may be present and what to do to resolve the problems. There is also information on Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitators and Licensed Trappers if that is an appropriate course of action. This office does not deal with deer, bear or beaver in agricultural situations. If there is a deer problem with crop damage, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources should be contacted at 301-855-1748 about obtaining a permit for nuisance deer causing crop damage.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to cut down trees in my yard?
2. Do I need a Tree Conservation Plan or can I receive a waiver?
3. What information do I need to apply for an exemption?
4. What environmental information is available on the web?
5. Is my property in the Chesapeake Bay Critical Area?
6. Are there wetlands on my property?
7. Is there a floodplain on my property?
8. My basement has flooded from all this rain! What can I do?
9. How do I register my boat or obtain information about hunting and fishing licenses?
10. When are the Hunter Safety Courses?
11. What can I do about nuisance or injured wildlife in or around my home?