Downtown Largo Placemaking, Branding, and Wayfinding Strategy
The Downtown Largo Placemaking, Branding, and Wayfinding Strategy was released in May 2023. The strategy makes recommendations for locations in Downtown Largo to be activated through various means of placemaking, Further, through community engagement, The strategy proposes a brand for Largo and explores wayfinding options to improve walkability and increase a sense of place in Downtown Largo.
See Recently Completed Projects for more information
Placemaking Riverdale will take place July 14 and 15, 2023, in the Plaza del Alamo parking lot at 5550 Kenilworth Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD!
Placemaking Riverdale is the second pilot project in the placemaking series organized by the Prince George’s County Planning Department in partnership with Better Block. The Planning Department is collaborating with the Central Kenilworth Avenue Revitalization (CKAR) CDC to host a 2-day placemaking festival celebrating the local arts and culture of the Greater Riverdale area. This event will have entertainment for the whole family, including live music, play equipment, food, and vendors. Come out in July to learn more about placemaking and have fun with your neighbors!
- Volunteers: Sign up here to volunteer the week before the event.
- Interested vendors, food trucks, and performers: Sign up here to participate.
The Placemaking Section collaborates with communities and government agencies to rethink and rebuild public spaces in Prince George’s County. This work is achieved through:
- Technical assistance to organizations and agencies developing public spaces;
- Community outreach to solicit input on public spaces and placemaking in the County;
- Evaluation of plans and policies to assess progress towards meeting goals; and
- Administering initiatives and programs that implement policies in places.
Our work is centered on placemaking, a set of practices that develops public space and a sense of identity in a place.
The Section focuses on three programs:
You can learn more on the pages for each project.
Recently Completed Projects
You can view recently completed plans here. Please search our Publications list for older plans or plans that are not listed.