- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Planning Department
- Community Planning
- Long-Range Planning Section
Long-Range Planning Section
The Long-Range Planning Section works closely with communities, property owners, municipalities, businesses, and institutional partners to implement the Plan 2035 General Plan-Blueprint for Tomorrow, prepare comprehensive area master or sector plans, and assist in the development of functional master plans. This more traditional planning and zoning work includes the creation or refinement of master plans and comprehensive rezoning for a wide variety of locations, from large rural areas of the county to specific Purple Line Light Rail stations or WMATA Metro stations.
- On May 30, 2023, the Prince George’s County Council, sitting as the District Council, directed the Prince George's County Planning Department, through the adoption of CR-053-2023, to initiate and prepare a sector plan and sectional map amendment for the Central Avenue – Blue/Silver Line area. Learn more by visiting the project webpage.
- The Joint Public Hearing on the proposed Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity Sectional Map Amendment, scheduled for Tuesday, September 27, 2022, has been rescheduled for Tuesday, May 9, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. at the Wayne K. Curry Administrative Building, Council Hearing Room, 1301 McCormick Drive, Largo, Maryland 20774.
- On March 28, 2023, the Prince George’s County Council, sitting as the District Council, directed the Prince George's County Planning Department, through the adoption of CR-020-2023, to initiate and prepare a minor plan amendment and sectional map amendment for the 2006 Approved Master Plan and Sectional Map Amendment for the Henson Creek-South Potomac Planning Area.
- On December 15, 2022, the Prince George's County Planning Board remanded the Staff Draft West Hyattsville-Queens Chapel Sector Plan and the Proposed Sectional Map Amendment (SMA) back to the Planning Department for further evaluation. Stay tuned for a re-release date and another joint public hearing.
- On July 28, 2022, the Prince George's County Planning Board released the Staff Draft West Hyattsville-Queens Chapel Sector Plan and the Proposed Sectional Map Amendment (SMA) for public review. The Staff Draft Plan and Proposed SMA are now available for viewing/download on our website.
- On June 7, 2022, the Prince George's County Council, sitting as the District Council, approved the 2022 Adopted Adelphi Road-UMGC-UMD Purple Line Station Area Sector Plan and Endorsed Sectional Map Amendment (SMA) with amendments. The publication of the plan and SMA is complete. Learn more by visiting the project webpage.
- The Active Community Plans Application shows the plans that are currently active and applicable to any given property. It also links to the plan’s publication page, where you can view and download the community plan. If a plan does not appear on this map, it is no longer applicable.
Active Plans, Projects & Studies
- Central Avenue-Blue/Silver Line Sector Plan and SMA
- Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity Master Plan/Sectional Map Amendment
- West Hyattsville-Queens Chapel Sector Plan and SMA
- Master Plan Evaluation Program
Completed Plans, Projects & StudiesYou can view recently completed plans here. Please search our Publications list for older plans or plans that are not listed.
the proposed Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity Sectional Map Amendment,
Kierre McCuneSupervisor, Long Range PlanningPhone: 301-952-3211
Sarah BentonSupervisor, Long-Range PlanningPhone: 301-952-5597
Michael CalomesePlanner IIIPhone: 301-952-3179
David A. GreenPlanner IVPhone: 301-952-4797
Thomas LesterPlanner IIIPhone: 301-952-3756
Scott RowePlanner IVPhone: 301-952-3521
Arnaldo RuizPlanner IIPhone: 301-952-4523
Bill SkibinskiPlanner IIIPhone: 301-952-4363
Elena PerryPlanner IIPhone: 301-952-8156
Josephine SelvakumarPlanner IIIPhone: 301-952-3551