Heurich Dog Park Rules
In the interest of human and dog safety and maintenance of a positive environment, patrons are expected to obey and help enforce the following rules. Patrons are expected to interact with fellow park users to create a positive atmosphere for all types of dogs. No membership required.
- You must pick up your dog's feces and
dispose properly. Plastic bags and trash cans are provided.
- Park users assume all risks related to use of the dog park.
- Owners/custodians of a dog are responsible for the acts and conduct of their animal at all times.
- Hours of operation are dawn to dusk.
- Patrons are expected to keep the park free of litter. Please dispose of litter in the receptacles provided.
- All park users are prohibited from defacing or destroying park amenities.
- Violators of these rules are subject to removal from the park.
- Gates must be closed immediately after entering or exiting the dog park.
- Dogs must be kept leashed until inside the dog park lobby.
- When a dog enters the dog park, owners/custodians must control their dogs to allow access to the newcomer.
- Do not keep your dog leashed inside dog park unless there is a good reason (separating 2 dogs, or/and leading your dog out).
- Disclose to others if your dog is not spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be under control and in sight of owner/custodian at all times.
- Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Dogs that are exhibiting unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to fighting, excessive barking, or other aggressive behavior, are to be immediately removed from the park.
- Owners/custodians are expected to intervene if their dog is involved in behaviors considered unacceptable by other park users.
- Owners/custodians are legally responsible for the actions of their dogs.
- Owners must prevent dogs from digging and must immediately refill holes created by their dog.
- A person may not conduct dog training classes for a fee without a permit from M-NCPPC and as required by state, federal, and local laws.
- No smoking in
- Each owner/custodian is limited up to a maximum of 3 dogs if they can be safely handled.
- Puppies under 4 months of age are not allowed in the park at any time.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the park at any time.
- Sick dogs, or injured dogs with fresh wounds, are not allowed in the park at any time.
- Owners/custodians of unaltered dogs (not spayed or neutered) should disclose this to other patrons upon entry as a courtesy for other park users, since some dogs may react negatively to dogs who are not spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must possess current licenses and be up-to-date on all vaccinations, with current tags displayed on the collar as required by their jurisdiction.
- Vicious animals are prohibited from the dog park. (PG Co. Subtitle 3-136)
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the park.
- All food-human or animal (including treats, bones and edible toys) is prohibited in the park at all times.
- Leashes, pinch collars, or choke chains must be removed in the lobby area before dogs enter the dog park.
- The Small Dog Area is provided for small dogs to play without being overwhelmed by larger dogs. Small dogs are not excluded from the main dog park.
- Use of the Main Dog Area by a small dog is at the discretion of dog owner. However, it is recommended dogs smaller than 10-12 pounds use only the Small Dog Area.
- Large dogs may use the Small Dog Area only if it is unoccupied by
smalldog(s), for example, introducing a dog to the park. Small dogs have priority in the Small Dog Area at all times.
- Children under 8 years of age are not allowed in the dog park. Children 8-16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Parents or guardians must supervise their children at all times, and unsupervised children shall not be allowed in the dog park.
- Children are not allowed to run with or chase after dogs in the dog park.
Contact Park Police